How Blockchain Could Impact Education in 2022
Blockchain education is, indeed, has become the most valued and promising sector as we speak. The questions come how it all will develop education in 2022, how it might change learners' lives, and how you can influence this development?
By 2022, the personal data economy will likely be the largest of all economies, worth more than $3 trillion globally. Because this economy will run on blockchain technology, there is a good chance that it will completely revolutionize the way we consume education, too.
17 Impacts of Blockchain on the Educational Sector in 2022:
It’s no secret that people enjoy an education that is tailored to their specific needs. There are many different options, including night classes, online classes, and group classes. Regardless of the format, though, education tends to be a costly endeavor.
Should we expect that your efforts to make your essay longer for producing top-notch final pieces, research data, obtained grades, copies of documents and certificates, courses would be decentralized, too? Would it be migrated towards a more reorganized database approach using blockchain technology? Yes, it can make a huge difference in the way educational institutions store and guard their data. Now it's time for educationists to dive deeper into this topic and learn how digital ledgers can disrupt the education industry!
1) Fraudulent Credentials:The future will introduce a new environment for higher education records; this will help to remove fraudulent credentials. It has the ability to verify certificates and give access only to the right people to view them.
2) Increase Transparency:In Blockchain Technology, all transactions are stored within blocks that contain information about all participants such as date and time. This makes it easy to track each transaction. Therefore, this helps to increase transparency among teachers, students, and parents from any part of the world.
3) Verified Certificates:Blockchain certificate is more secure because it cannot be modified as it links with other blocks through the cryptography method which makes it harder for hackers or other external sources to modify the data.
4) Save Time and Effort:>
- Paperwork can make the process of learning very slow-paced. It takes a lot of time to complete the admission process in an educational institution, including certificates verification, transfer of documents, etc.
- As we know distributed ledger is a decentralized technology which means there is no mediator between two parties. With this, it’s possible to automate all these processes digitally.
- Moreover, this will also reduce the possibility of errors or frauds while processing documents manually.
- One of the main advantages of blockchain is that it allows users to verify the identity of other users without having to go through a third party, such as an educational institution or university. This can save time, money, and effort on both sides of any transaction between students and teachers who want their qualifications verified for jobs or other purposes.
5) Online Education Platforms:Digital ledger-based online education platforms are helping students gain access to quality education with minimal costs. The emergence of digitized educational platforms like BitDegree and Blackboard has made learning easy and transparent for many students who could not afford it. These platforms reward students for acquiring knowledge that can later be exchanged for other services or goods.
6) Fraud Prevention:
- For the educational system, it could reduce fraud and make record-keeping easier.
- It allows for all interactions to be logged onto a secure distributed ledger, which means there is no risk of tampering with records after they have been entered.
- A good example of this is the University of Bahrain, which has become the first institution to issue digital diplomas using a cryptographic ledger from Blockcerts, an open standard for issuing and verifying educational credentials on the blockchain.
7) Skill Verification and Credentialing:This can also be used to verify skills such as language proficiency or software development skills, helping students stand out when applying for jobs or internships. By allowing students to share verified skills with employers directly through their online profiles as well.
8) Autonomous Systems of Quality Assurance:
- The use of digital ledgers can lead to increased automation and a decentralized quality assurance system.
- Students will be able to use their credentials from one institution to another without any hassle with a decentralized validation system.
- It can create a potentialized automated method for quality assurance (QA) in higher education courses and systems through self-executing smart contracts that contain programmatic terms. These contracts are automatically executed once certain conditions are met, allowing institutions to release payments when those conditions are fulfilled.
9) Transparency in Administrative Operations:Cryptographic ledger’s implementation can lead to greater transparency in administrative operations such as allocation of financial aid, tracking fees, etc., and reduce frauds as well as errors arising out of human intervention. This will result in the elimination of paperwork for students as well as teachers.
10) Identity Management for Students:A digital ledger-based identity management solution could not only provide a secure repository for student details but also provide students with autonomy over their information. The students would have control over who can see their data and who cannot.
11) Automated Authentication and Verification:This enables the educational institutes to automatically authenticate and verify the credentials of individual students in a cost-effective way, which is especially useful for international students.
12) Plagiarism Control:Plagiarism is considered a serious offense in the academic space wherein it is important to validate that the originality of the content has been maintained at all times. Educational organizations can use this method to ensure that all assignments submitted by students are authentic and original, as well as track any updates made to the content over time.
13) Certificate Ownership:It empowers academic institutions to securely store digital certificates and credentials on a decentralized ledger, thereby ensuring that the certificate cannot be tampered with or altered in any way whatsoever. Students will have complete control over their certificates.
14) Smart Payments for Tuition Fees and Donations:The decentralized public ledger system can help reduce fraud in the payment system. It also ensures direct payments from one party to another without any intermediary. In other words, it removes the need for third-party institutions like PayPal or banks to make payments and donations.
Automated Smart Contracts:Smart contracts use digital ledgers to automatically transfer payments based on conditions set by both parties involved in an agreement without any intermediaries required. It can help with many payment and transaction-related issues. It could be used to automate tuition payments and also manage student loans and other financial aid, as well as scholarships. This eliminates the need for third-party intermediaries and reduces costs for both students and universities.
15) Aggregated Data Security:It can help protect the private data of students at all educational levels—from K-12 to higher education. The decentralized feature of blockchain makes it impossible to hack into data storage systems and steal the private information of students. This can be a game-changer when it comes to protecting student privacy while they are using online learning platforms and e-learning apps.
16) Student Loan Management:
- Student loan management is another area where a public transaction ledger can be used to streamline the process, reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Right now, student loan management is a difficult task that involves lengthy paper trials, human errors, loss of documents, delays in approvals, etc.
- This technology can help manage the entire process from funding to repayment without any manual intervention or errors.
- It eliminates the need for intermediaries as smart contracts can be used for every aspect of the student loan management process from disbursement to verification at every step in between.
17) Cheating-Free Exams:
- This network can be used to conduct tests online without the risk of cheating or using other resources like mobile phones or books during exams.
- The main benefit of using this network is that once data has been recorded on it, it cannot be altered retroactively without altering all subsequent data in the chain as well.
Conclusion:Blockchain will significantly change the educational ecosystem in 2022. The technology can be used for course management which will result in students getting a secure and solid portfolio, digital badge as proof of their achievements, and will connect to the employer’s database with verified information about each student’s skills and achievements. This way, distributed ledger ensures that there is no duplicate course content across different schools, efficient educator and student resource allocation, timely completion of transactions without any transaction fee, etc. Thus, it will transform the entire education ecosystem globally and lead to an exciting, empathetic, and secure future for the younger generations.
Tell me what you think
What do you think? Share your thoughts with me, and leave a comment below.